Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby its cold outside....

Living in Western PA, January to March is pretty much white. Lots of snow, ice and just cold weather.  Peacoats and Burberry trenches are chic and can keep you warm, but when your "dahntown" on your way to the office, and one of the PAT busses likes to play raging rapids and pretend they are at Kennywood and violate you with the melted snow and ice, those coats just arent that functional.

What works for me is down coats.....they are warm, and easy to wipe off. I know what your thinking " This is 2010 and not 1998" and your all "but I dont want to look like Puffy, Stay Puff Marshmellow, or an extra in a Bad Boy Video" fear not my friends, they new down coats these days are sleek, have feminine cuts and come in lots different lenghts and colors.

My favorites ( all courtesy of Nordstroms)

Guess ($98.00)



North Face



and my personal favorite Burberry ( $458ish)



I think these three coats will not only make you look good, but also keep you warm, because thats why we wear them, no?

No comments: