Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vampires, Oh I how I love thee......

In recent years, Vampires seem to be all the rage,  I guess most recently with the Twilight Saga and True Blood.  However, this trend is not new to me.

My parents believed in quality entertainment for their children, ( note sarcasm) so my obsession began around the age of 8 ish. I remember watching Fright Night, and I was immediately intrigued. I didn't understand then ( or maybe I did ) all of the sex, lust and rock n roll and lest we forget blood involved but I was hooked.

Cut to 2009.

When we moved in to our new house, I was on vacation for a week, since the move was rather easy I had to find a way to occupy myself for a week. No Internet or TV available I traveled down to Family Video and I was searching for some series, something on DVD to make the time pass...and I had all intents and purposes of renting Dexter ( Showtime) and then I saw this big red lips:

And so my love affair began.

After I finished the season in oh say 3 days, I went out and purchased the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris which the Series is based on and haven't looked back since. The first two seasons of the show were stellar. The 3rd season left much to be desired, although not too disappointing. Since the 3rd book , Club Dead is my favorite one out of the series with the 4th, Dead to the World a close 2nd. ....

And besides, who doesn't love hot Viking 1000 year old vamps? Point in case Mr. Eric Northman portrayed by  hot, hot, hot Alexander Skarsgard. For your viewing pleasure:

                                                                      photo via access hollywood


So the next Sookie Stackhouse book isn't scheduled to come out until May 2011ish and season 4 of HBO's True Blood is probably going to have a June ish premier date, so it will be a long time til I can feed my obsession.

And No, Im not reading Twilight what am I 15 or something?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory