Wednesday, March 16, 2011

*Viva Mexico*

So, this year is the year of the Vacation and the Bathroom Renovation. By vacation, I don't mean perusing through Europe ( though, that would be just a visit home for E) or laying low in Low Country in South Carolina. Or even a visit to one of the Great Lakes.
We need a real vacation.
And we are going to:
Rivera Maya in Mexico and above is a view of our Resort, Marina El Cid  ( I think) via Expedia. and I.cant.wait. To sun, eat and drink it up for  a whole week with my Hubs. Seriously though, After working my ass of for the past year and putting in 50+ hour a week recently I cant wait to sit myself under a cabana sip on some Patron and bask in the sunlight ( with my SPF 70). Authentic Mexican food? Yes please! Seeing a smile on my husbands face all day, what could be better? And if it rains all week, well theres a spa and I totally plan on packing important reading materials such as US Weekly, INTouch, and my favorite Sookie Stackhouse books to relax with. 
That said, whats the second best thing about Vacations?
Shopping for them!
And I wont lie to you guys, I'm totally geeked about it. Normally I'm shopping for work or workout clothes so rarely to I get to just buy plain fun stuff. I'M feeling lots of looks right now and these are my must haves so far.  I'm currently waiting for my Dolce Vita for Target wedges to arrive and they look similar to this:

And I love the look - I'm hoping to purchase dresses to work with shoes to wear for dinner, as I'm trying to not to pack very many since they take up so much space. I'm thinking a pair of tennis shoes ( like Adidas shell tops) or some pumas for the plane and incase we plan a mini excusrison to the Mayan ruins, 2 pairs of flippy floppys ( I'm on a boat bitch!) and maybe another pair of heels for dinner.  Another must for me are some dresses. Right now I need about 5 ( tee hee) 3 for dinner and 2 for cover ups at the pool or perhaps I can find one in a similar cut to this Gypsy 05 dress, which I would buy in a heart beat but its silk and that's just not going to work in Mexico In June.

And my last item that IM obsessed with now is finding the perfect spring/summer fedora. Who would of thought Id be taking fashion tips from Freddy Krueger, but this year I dressed  up as Ms. Krueger for Halloween and I looked good in that fedora, I was rocking it. I really  want a straw one similar to this:
And I totally would style it with hair in a low pony and some sunnies ala Ms. Britney Spears.

And there you have it, that's what I'm obsessing over especially for this vacation. The Hubs and I have been working so hard and had a rough time  since our last vacay - so this one is extra special, and we leave for Mexico the day after my first 5K, so its really special, and I think that's why I'm going all out.

Where are you going on vacation this year????

No comments: