Saturday, March 12, 2011

2011, what have you done for me lately?

I often wonder if anyone really reads my blog, I imagine there must be some spam type views, but if any readers our out there I'm dying to know.  That said this is an online journal for me if you will so I'm using it to be keep up with my thoughts and goals and Ive totally revisited my goals.

As I sit here in my home office I'm thinking here I am 28, what do I really want to do, what do I really love to do,. You only live once and maybe this is the wine in me talking, but I really, really want to make it count. So since 2011 is almost 1/4 of the way over. I'm taking more control of my goals and getting the most I can get out of this year and my life.  Tomorrow isn't guaranteed and life is what you make it. So, what am I doing about it.

I can honestly say Ive made a concerted effort to love more..love my husband more, love my family and friends more and love myself more. I may be vain in some aspects but I really need to work on loving myself. Ive started :
  • Writing in a journal everyday. I'm going to utilize my blog more and make it how I want it to be. Eventually my goal for this blog is for it to be a magazine that I would love to read, but women in my age range to.  If I can inspire one person in anyway that's a huge accomplishment. Plus, when I was young I loved magazines. I remember being 13ish and reading Seventeen ( my fave!) and YM and drooling over prom dresses, and here I am at 28 reading Vogue and drooling over Couture. Somethings never change I guess.
  • Taking control over my career. I've heard that you should never let a career or money define who you are. But I want a career, and I take my job very seriously and while Im not quite where I want to be yet, Im some where and I m working damn hard to get to where I want to be.
  • My physical health.. My weights yo-yo ey if you will. up and down. up and down. up and down. But Ive never pushed or challanged myself physically. But I registered for a 5k on June 25, 2011 so Ive started training....I also like dancing. burlesque style and yoga.  They really center me, as cliche as it sounds.
  • Making my house a home. This year we are completely redoing our bathroom, and after a hellish and dis-heartening day at Lowes and Home Depot, I'm more determined then ever to re do this bathroom and decorate this house a little more.
So, its important to revisit your goals to get yourself back on track. Now that Im a bit more centered, Im anxious to see how this goes!

2 comments:

Veronika said...

those are great goals :) good luck pursuing them!

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I'm here. I haven't been on the blog in a looong time. Great goals!